What does Smowltech do?
Smowltech is on a mission to build trust in online learning. So will enable people to access quality education 100% online and as a consequence access to new opportunities that can improve their quality of life.
Online education is growing, but with it, some common problems are arising across the industry: teachers and evaluators do not trust to evaluate online.
How can organizations avoid online fraud? How can organizations verify that a user was actually the one who took the online exam or actually acquired the required skills in the online course?
Smowltech was born with the aim of helping organizations improve the quality assurance of their online evaluations. We have developed a system and method of authentication and continuous monitoring of the user in an online service using multibiometry.
Who are the smowlers?
Smowlers are the ones who make this happen and the core of the company. They make this company a reality, making a global impact and building the future of education.
What drives a smowler?
We're a growing company with happy and motivated people, working on an impactful product in a fast-paced environment. We are driven with the following values - 3BDAS:
- Be positive: Practice positivity: look for solutions, expecting good results and success. Acknowledge bad results or experiences, learn from them, do better.
- Be collaborative: Constructively explore ideas with others to search for solutions that extend one's limited vision (communicate, visualize and acknowledge).
- Build trust: By being honest and supportive, actively listening, being consistent, collaborating across teams and functions, and taking responsibility for your acts and words.
- Dare to commit: Decide to show up fully and consistently while seeing things to their logical or necessary conclusion. Make things work.
- Always go beyond your limits: Through self-awareness, curiosity and initiative. With determination, discipline and DOING.
- Stay Agile: Be able to quickly adapt or evolve in response to changing circumstances in a highly responsive way so that we deliver our service to meet and exceed customer expectations and in a timely manner.
Are you someone who likes a challenge and wants to take responsibility? Are you passionate about data and genuine stories? Do you like experimenting while aiming for sleek executions? In that case, you are the right person we are looking for to join our team!
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to work on scalable software solutions deployed to the cloud. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable with front-end and back-end technologies, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
You will need knowledge of software engineering life cycle processes, including design, development, build/release, testing, Git source control, ticketing (Jira), and QA.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain applications deployed to cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- Design and implement client-side and server-side functionality (from storage to browser).
- Troubleshoot and refactor code on existing applications.
- Create web-based user interface components and data visualizations.
- Write and perform unit and other tests to ensure quality of code.
- Write technical documentation.
- Self-manage your assigned tasks and coordinate the team and requirements.
Desired skills and requirements
- Strong alignment with our values.
- Ability to work independently, but being a good team player.
- Ability to understand and help to make great product and business decisions.
- 3 + years of experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems in a production environment, including experience with LAMP technologies (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP).
- Experience with common web design and architectural patterns (valuable MVC frameworks).
- CSS3, HTML5, JS & jQuery skills. Node.js is also valuable.
- Experience working with git based tools like Gihub, GitLab, Bitbucket, Codecommit
Nice to have
- Experience with highly scalable distributed architectures
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker
- AWS Serverless Technologies (Lambda, API Gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, Fargate)
- Experience working with agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Familiarity with core business applications such as Jira and Slack
- Competitive salary, commission and attractive benefits
- Global career path for specialists and leadership
- Tailored trainings and development opportunities
- International and inspirational working environment with a dynamic work culture
Social Impact driven: enabling access to quality education through online learning, which is linked to the Sustainable Development Objectives (ODS) 4. Access to Quality Education and 13. CO2 reduction. How do we measure it?
- Objective 1: Strengthen the quality of online training.
- Indicator 1: number of online training users who have validated a professional degree or certification thanks to Smowl
- Objective 2: Improve accessibility to higher education or corporate training
- Indicator 1: Number of users with disabilities who have been able to examine themselves remotely thanks to Smowl
- Indicator 2: Number of users in areas far from the training centers who have been able to examine themselves remotely thanks to Smowl
- Indicator 3: Number of users with time restrictions who have been able to examine themselves remotely thanks to Smowl
- Indicator 4: Number of users with financial restrictions who have been able to examine themselves remotely thanks to Smowl
- Objective 3: Reduce the environmental impact of trips to educational centers or corporates
- Indicator 1: C02 emissions avoided thanks to remote examinations
Join the revolution and build the future of education
- Our daily mission is to develop life-changing products that create better opportunities for all.
- Diversity is a key factor of our success, proof of this is our growth, product and engineering teams, which are integrated with talented people from several countries and different backgrounds.
- Despite our Headquarters being based in one of the most beautiful beaches of Europe in Donostia-San Sebastian, we have impacted the lives of more than half a million users in more than 15 countries over the world.
- Flexibility and trust are very important for our team, this way we call ourselves remote-friendly, with a flexible work environment, including fully / partial remote positions depending on locations and needs. This also applies to working hours.
- SMOWLERS enjoy having fun together, then we organize team events regularly to share something more than work projects.
- Learning is one of our most powerful tools, that is why we encourage and train our team members to become better and better every day.