Online education is growing, but with it, some common problems are arising across the industry:
- How can organizations avoid online fraud?
- How can organizations verify that a student was actually the one who took the online exam or actually acquired the required skills in the online course?
Smowltech was born with the aim of helping organizations improve the quality assurance of their online evaluations. We have developed a system and method of authentication and continuous monitoring of the user in an online service using multibiometry.
Working at Smowltech:
We’re a growing company with happy and motivated people, working on an impactful product in a fast-paced environment.
- Our daily mission is to develop life-changing products that create better opportunities for all.
- Diversity is a key factor of our success, proof of this is our growth, product and engineering teams, which are integrated with talented people from several countries and different backgrounds.
- Despite our Headquarters being based in one of the most beautiful beaches of Europe in Donostia-San Sebastian, we have impacted the lives of more than half a million users in more than 15 countries over the world.
- Flexibility and trust are very important for our team, this way we call ourselves remote-friendly, with a flexible work environment, including fully / partial remote positions depending on locations and needs. This also applies to working hours.
- SMOWLERS enjoy having fun together, then we organize team events regularly to share something more than work projects.
- Learning is one of our most powerful tools, that is why we encourage and train our team members to become better and better every day.
Is this you?
We are looking for a AWS Cloud Engineer / Backend Developer to build our next generation of backend and cloud services. This role requires someone who is comfortable in both writing code and managing services in AWS.
Ideal candidates are the type who can setup and deploy a SAM template with a database, a Kinesis and a custom domain, and write the lambdas to go with it. Huge bonus points if you can setup a Code Pipeline to go with it!
- Scripting and updating Lambda functions in the AWS cloud environment
- Define and develop integrations between services and applications
- Design, deploy and manage AWS cloud services/systems that support company product & services
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes
- 3+ years in software development preferably in Python (Node.js also works)
- Experience building software applications on Linux in an AWS environment
- Strong understanding of AWS networking and security (IAM, Security Groups, VPC, Cognito)
- VPC, networking and routing & VPN setup and management
- Scripting in Bash, Python, Node.js or similar
- Experience with Cloudformation or Terraform
- Experience with AWS Serverless solutions, including: Lambda, Fargate, S3, SAM.
- Ability to write readable, efficient, maintainable code while following best practices
- Experience in source code management tools like Git preferably using Gitflow
- Understanding of database fundamentals and SQL
- Strong experience using DevOps principles
Nice to have
- Understanding of AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline
- Experience with automation/configuration management scripting and tools (Ansible preferred)
- Understanding of the cost tradeoffs within AWS
- LAMP stack experience
- Experience with AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM)
- Knowledge of AWS Rekognition and /or other Image/Video processing Solutions
- Experience using other AWS Serverless technologies: Kinesis, DynamoDB, Aurora Serverless, Fargate
- AWS certification
- Competitive salary, commissions and attractive benefits.
- Global career path for specialists and leadership.
- Tailored training and development opportunities.
- International and inspirational working environment with a dynamic work culture.
- Be positive: Practice positivity: look for solutions, expecting good results and success. Acknowledge bad results or experiences, learn from them, do better.
- Stay Agile: Be able to quickly adapt or evolve in response to changing circumstances in a highly responsive way so that we deliver our service to meet and exceed customer expectations and in a timely manner.
- Dare to commit: Decide to show up fully and consistently while seeing things to their logical or necessary conclusion. Make things work.
- Build trust: By being honest and supportive, actively listening, being consistent, collaborating across teams and functions, and taking responsibility for your acts and words.
- Always go beyond your limits: Through self-awareness, curiosity and initiative. With determination, discipline and DOING.