TheVentureCity was presented at eMerge Americas, the big event for startups and innovation that sets Miami at the center of technology
It was just two years ago (time flies!) that TheVentureCity was introduced to the world. It was during eMerge 2017. Miami knew we were born with an international aspiration in our DNA and the shared ambition with the ecosystem to transform Miami into the essential Hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. In 2018 we met Matt Boney, Daycation CEO, for the first time. Months later they were graduating from our Growth Accelerator program.
eMerge has become, with its own merit, in the leading guide for the entrepreneur ecosystem in Miami, Latin America, United States and Europe. It represents the same vision and values than TheVentureCity. From its start in 2014, eMerge has been able to bring together community, launch new ideas and support startups to get to the next level.
At TheVentureCity we are excited to be part of this event with the special participation of the following:
- On Sunday at 3 PM our very own Data Scientist, David Smith, will present the Measuring the Health of Your Startup workshop, to learn how to manage data better. It’s part of the initiative from our Lab team that promotes helping startups to make the right decisions based on data. It will be an exclusive activity for the startups at the eMerge Startup Showcase
- Eventtia, one of the startups from our Growth Accelerator program, will be the platform that brings together startups and investors. In total, more than 100 startups will compete to be the highlight of the eMerge event and will be ready to present themselves in front of accredited investors.
- On Monday at 9AM, at the main stage, ASEMIA (Association of Entrepreneurs of Miami) will be presented which will be part of ASELA, to join all of Latin America. TheVentureCity, represented by Rosa Jiménez Cano, Chief Ecosystem Relations, is one of the initiative’s founding members. It already has more than 100,000 entrepreneurs from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Paraguay, and Peru. We’ll also have the participation of Carlos A. Giménez (Mayor for Miami-Dade), José Ramón Valente (Minister for the Economy, Development, and Tourism for Chile) and Juan Pablo Swett (President of ASELA).
- A little later, at 1:10PM on the Textpert stage, Monica Simo Black, Partner of our venture fund for the Americas will speak on inclusion in tech. That same evening at 6PM at the CIC she will speak about impact investing at the opening of the Interamerican Development Bank (IDB) in Miami.
- On Tuesday, 30th of April, Jimena Zubiria, our very own VP of Education for the Americas, will be one of the judges for the Florida Intercollegiate Competition in Technological Innovation (FICTI) where university students from Florida will present their science and technology projects to the audience.
You’ll probably also see us around the corridors, conferences, pitches and different stages at eMerge. Apart from the presence of our regular team based in Miami, Daniel Yuste, our VP of Business Mindset and, Ricardo Sangion, VP of Growth Accelerator for the Americas, will join us.